Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Food Blogging is Hard! **whine**

Yep, it's been over 2 weeks since my last post.  Looks like I've really got this new blog off to a great start, huh?  Here's what I have found out during that 2-week period...FOOD BLOGGING IS HARD!  Imagine that phrase being said in a high-pitched, sing-songy, whine (and not the good, makes you a little giggly kind, either).

When Kirk started his BBQ blog, I was full of advice..."you MUST have at least 2 posts each week, otherwise folks will not come back"..."you MUST have big beautiful pictures of your dishes"..."you MUST engage the reader with thoughtful content"..."you MUST be mindful of typos and grammatical errors"...the list goes on.  Oh, yes, I was full of advice.  Truth be told, the only thing I'm full of is caca, bull hockey, crap...no matter what you call it, it don't amount to sh*%.

When I blog a card, I photograph it.  If it doesn't turn out, I photograph it again.  No big whoop.  Food blogging is a bit different.  If your photos don't pass muster, or you forget to take a pic of the final plating, it's too late.  Food goes in mouth, then into belly, and it's gone forever (additional details of journey have been omitted because TMI is not a good thing when discussing food).  Missed photo op, end of story.  That's what happened with my Tres Leches cake recipe.  I took numerous photos, but didn't capture the final plating.  It has literally taken me weeks to rectify it, looking for the right moment to make it again, because I'm sure my family and friends are getting tired of eating it.  Finally, an opportunity arose this past Sunday when we had guests in addition to the usual dinner crowd and I needed something impressive with which to end the meal.  Ahhh, Tres Leches to the rescue!  YES!  I was actually able to take a good photo of the end result!  It only took me 2 1/2 weeks of preparation to gather the info for the next post, so please read it.  I'm begging you!  Do it for me, because dammit...FOOD BLOGGING IS HARD!!!  ;D

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad I didn't miss any posts! Food blogging IS hard, but the end result is always so worth it--especially yummy photos!

    ReplyDelete